MELASMA & PIGMENTATION
Hyperpigmentation is the result of overproduction of melanin which stains our skin, causing an uneven complexion and darker areas on the face, neck and décolletage. This can result in sun spots, freckles, melasma, mottled pigment and patchy areas. Get glowing skin with our Dermcells products.
Skincare for Melasma & Pigmentation:
- Products that have Arbutin (derived from bearberry, blueberry and cranberry plants) inhibit the enzyme tyrosinase – preventing the production of melanin.
- Skincare products containing Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) help reduce hyperpigmentation by preventing melanin pigment from reaching the outer layers of the skin (epidermis).
- Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate is a derivative of clinically proven, superstar ingredient azelaic acid. It plays a role in brightening skin. It doesn’t cause photosensitivity unlike azelaic acid.
- Incorporating Tranexamic Acid into your skincare routine. Tranexamic Acid is a powerful ingredient recognised for its ability to brighten skin complexion and improve the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
- Products that have stabilised Vitamin C such as Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP) is providing more brightening benefits.
- Alpha Arbutin (a high 2% concentration) & Niacinamide (a high 10% concentration) are used in Alpha arbutin + Niacinamide + HYA serum.
- Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate, Tranexamic Acid,Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP), and Niacinamide are used in Aura Booster Cream (whitening booster).
Tips for Melasma & Pigmentation
- Use a sunscreen designed to help shield skin from both UVA/UVB, infrared (IR), and high-energy visible (HEV) light or blue light to prevent future hyperpigmentation caused by sun exposure.
- Avoid picking at the skin. To prevent hyperpigmentation from forming after an injury, avoid picking at spots, scabs, and acne.